To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Systems Security Engineer
* Act as a technical subject matter expert for information security in system, applications, and databases.
Conduct system and application vulnerability assessments.
Provide security guidance across the system development life cycle, including security architectural reviews.
Provide consulting services to system and network administrators regarding information security threats, vulnerabilities, and priorities.
Analyze security risks, recommend mitigating and compensating security controls, and present findings in written and oral communications.
Lead and participate as required in computer security incident/intrusion response.
Support the Information Security Education & Awareness Program.
* Bachelorís degree in computer information systems, computer science, or related field is highly desired
* 5 to 8 years related experience
* Knowledge of international data protection laws
* Experienced in performing system and application vulnerability assessment
* Experience with Information Security technologies, markets, and vendors (firewall, intrusion detection, assessment tools, encryption, certificate authority, Web, and application development)
* Experienced in internal, external, and Sarbanes-Oxley audit assessment
* Familiarity with database technologies used to store enterprise information and directory services
* Knowledge of industry standards such as: ISO17799, SAS70, COBIT, etc&
* Knowledge in and the ability to apply the principles of HIM, project management, and change management
* Knowledge of and ability to use system security and controls including firewall and virus software, identity management, and computer control environments
* Knowledge of Information Security regulations such as: PCI, GLBA, SOA, Basel II, Safe Harbor, SB 1386, etc&
* Experience with privacy legislation such as HIPAA, COPPA, FCRA, GLB and EU
* Understanding of Web application security
* Proficient in Linux and Windows Security
* Proficient in networking protocols and standards especially TCP/IP and the OSI Model
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center