To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
IT Service Specialist/ IT Service Consultant
• Degree in computer science or related field is desirable although relevant experience is equally valuable
1. Ensures continuity of business execution through ensuring production applications are:
a. Fit for purpose (eg easy to use and reliable) and support the evolving business processes
b. Are cost effective – Total cost of ownership is at an optimal level
c. Meets an agreed Risk Profile (eg aging of technologies, controlled regarding regulated applications, aligned with business continuity).
2. Provides the linkage of technology and business process understanding to quickly restore service, including the creation of facile and creative workarounds, as necessary across 2-3 business processes/services and associated applications (5-15+ applications), supporting large user populations, across multiple business units/geographies), or support business critical processes.
3. Participates in troubleshooting in applications across multiple technology domains and business areas.
4. Ensures accurate and easy processes are followed to ensure ongoing continuity of knowledge including:
a. Application dependencies (across applications, hardware)
b. How applications support the business process
c. Service Designs and commitments, including how well the applications perform against the service designs
d. Recommends improvements to these processes to simplify approach across all of Application Services.
5. Lead and champion continuous improvements that improve end-user experience, reduce risk and/or lower the cost of ownership of the overall business process/service on an ongoing basis.
6. Carries out work with minimal supervision balancing conflicting priorities and needs.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center