To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
SR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
* Analyze, design, develop, maintain, monitor and support complex applications within the retail systems environment and implement robust, maintainable solutions that meet the established business requirements.
* Provide technical leadership for a small team of developers by coaching and mentoring others, reviewing others' designs, leading code reviews, establishing and maintaining design and development best practics.
* Report risks, issues and feasible mitigations strategies to management.
* Establish and enforce software development best practices.
* Develop and maintain technical and project documentation.
* Research, test, and apply all applicable patches.
* Develop test plans and work with QA to establish test processes.
* Perform on call duties on rotation with other developers when required.
* A Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in Information Systems, Computer Science or other related field required
* At least 5-8 years of application analysis, design, development and maintenance experience that includes Microsoft''s solutions, client side and server side controls, and SQL Server experience
* At least 1 year of Agile software development experience preferred
* At least 6 months of developing retail applications preferred
* Proficient or expert knowledge on related technical skill sets and technologies including but not limited to .NET framework 3.5/4.0, C#-, Continuous Integration Build, IIS 7.0, Windows Communication Foundation, Windows Workflow Foundation, Visio, TFS, REST, XSLT, SQL Server, Unit testing and Agile Development Methodologies
* Proficient local syntax SQL (Standard Query Language) skills with the ability to understand relational data models
* Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
* Ability to understand and apply basic software implementation methodology concepts
* Working knowledge of effective problem solving and identifying innovative solutions, including new products
* Proficient analytical skills, including the ability to evaluate existing or proposed new solutions for potential flaws or improvement opportunities - including alignment to departmental goals and standards
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center