To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Software Support Engineer
- Write scripts/applications and review code as needed to solve complex problems in the field.
- Write documentation, knowledge base articles, FAQs and procedures for use by customers or internally
- Drive critical situation problem resolution teams to restore service for affected customers
- Participate in design reviews and testing for new releases to ensure the right product is developed and deployed to ensure customers are delighted with the product offering.
- Assist project planners and developers in implementation of corrective actions.
- Review requirements, specifications and designs to assure product quality; develop and implement plans and tests for product quality or performance assurance.
- Provide feedback to development and design teams on lessons learned from product support to ensure continuous improvement in the product offering.
- 5+ years experience providing support and service for software applications
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills, and must be comfortable interfacing with support, customers, software and production
- Expert knowledge and experience with high-level languages such as ASP.NET, MVC 3, C#, and Java
- Good understanding of objected-oriented design and programming, SOA, and Web 2.0 development
- Experience with MySQL, Apache Tomcat, ESX 5.x, and XenServer 6.x is a plus
- Familiarity with data center infrastructure technologies such as storage, networking, and server virtualization
- Ability to analyze and/or debug software applications, scripts or log files for solving issues
- Ability to create clear documentation and communicate detailed design concepts
- Prior experience working with open source tools within a commercial service provider environment is a plus
- Prior experience working with the open source community is a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with an appropriate level of relevant experience.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center