To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Sr Software Engineer, Web
• Utilize provided functional specifications to architect web-based customer facing applications with easy-to-use user experiences, complex calculations, data routing, reporting and integration with backend SQL databases.
• Write detailed design level documentation for all projects.
• Create database tables, indexes, SQL query scripts and other necessary components to provide complete end-to-end web solutions.
• Analyze database performance, determine acceptable functional benchmarks, optimize and modify query statements and indexes, and provide general database tuning to ensure all solutions perform and scale to defined standards.
• Develop web applications to function across multiple browsers and platforms, including those for mobile devices.
• Perform extensive unit testing and defect fixing, including authoring and executing automated test scripts.
• Provide on-going enhancements and code maintenance for multiple simultaneous projects.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics, mathematics, or a similar technical field, or equivalent practical work experience.
• A minimum of 10+ years (non academic) experience writing application code, including a minimum of 5+ years working with Java, J2EE/Java EE, JMS or similar.
• A minimum of 3+ years developing and integrating with SQL databases, including working in the PostgreSQL environment.
• Proficient in C++, C#, Python, Linux, Apache web server and Apache Tomcat.
• An extensive, in-depth and demonstrable understanding of the overall software development life cycle (SDLC) process and waterfall methodology.
• Excellent analytical capability with the expertise to research and apply logical and scientific thinking to a wide range of technical problems, including the ability to understand, write and decode formulas, scientific equations, and deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
• Prior experience with the Windows .NET development environment desirable.
• A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, a self-starter with outstanding planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a diverse team with diverse cultures across multiple geographic locations.
• Prior work experience in a commercial printing environment desirable.
• An absolute passion for delivering high-quality software solutions.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center