To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
* Assists in the configuration and deployment of software build systems and automated testing for small or larger projects. Responsibilities may extend to configuration and integration management.
* Leads or participates in the adoption of tools or processes to continually improve software build and integration processes.
* Clearly communicates and conveys design concepts, both verbally and written. Also able to learn and understand complex control system concepts.
* Effectively teams with others through mutually supportive professional relationships, open and direct communications, honesty and respect. Able to cope with and leverage stylistic differences and differences of opinion.
* May function as a technical lead of a small to mid-sized development team.
* Initiates or contributes to software development capability improvement in the areas of software development practices, technology utilization and development tools.
* Independently gathers and documents requirements of the feature and its components.
* Contributes to architectural design and independently develops system designs that meet the requirements. Provides manpower/time estimation for the design. Considers tradeoffs between requirements, speed, cost and reliability in the choice of a design approach.
* Develops and documents code, according to the development process, that satisfies the software design. Develops and executes thorough unit test plans. Reports, analyzes, debugs and corrects anomalies. Integrates with other components, solving problems across subsystems and products, to produce a final product. Responsibilities may extend to the technical management of the design, testing and integration of other engineers’ work in related areas.
* Leads or participates in reviews of documents, designs, code, test cases and user documentation.
* Typically responsible for the ongoing maintenance and integrity of several software subsystems.
* Provides work estimates and status reports as requested. Maintains adequate interaction to ensure assigned tasks are prioritized appropriately.
* Keeps informed of new developments in the software engineering and computer engineering fields and disseminates appropriately through the organization. Identifies and participates in technical and developmental training opportunities.
* May function as a go-to person for a technology, software methodology or other area of expertise.
Minimum Qualifications Education Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
* Minimum of 7 years experience in a software product development environment.
* Familiar with design patterns, MFC, COM, and .NET.
* Experience with C++, C#, WPF, Java and architecting modular software.
* Proven application of object-oriented designs.
* Proficient in data structures and algorithms.
* Direct experience with the Industrial Automation industry.
* Experience in both local and global technical development team environments.
* Experience with Rational ClearCase
* Experience with automated software build systems.
* Previous technical team leadership.
* Experience with MFC, COM, and .NET.
* Proven application of design patterns.
* Proficient in object-oriented designs and C++ and\or Java
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center