To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Principal Software Engineer
* Develop the software architecture for a new imaging modality. Analyze and communicate architectural tradeoffs in order to facilitate informed decision making. Realize the architecture in a fully functional software application that can run standalone or as part of a suite of imaging modalities running on a host console
* Produce all deliverables in accordance with the Quality System. This includes interpreting marketing design input, writing software development plans, risk analyses, software requirements specifications, software architecture descriptions, software design descriptions and software verification plans, planning and conducting software design reviews, evaluating software change requests including defect reports and enhancement requests, maintaining project notes, meeting minutes and memos, and maintaining the design history file.
* Requires a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
* Master's degree is highly desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
* Requires 15+ years experience in software development.
* Seasoned knowledge of the medical device software development life cycle including planning, risk analysis, requirements, architectural design, development, verification and validation testing in a process-driven environment.
* Demonstrated success developing real-time software systems. Experienced with real-time operating systems, Windows operating system, and multi-threaded applications.
* Strong knowledge of C++ programming language
* Knowledge and experience with Medical Software safety regulations from the FDA, IEC, AAMI, IEEE, and ISO.
* Demonstrated success serving as technical lead on software projects.
* Demonstrated successful leadership of software projects with lean and efficient software teams.
* Experience using scripting and source code control systems.
* Knowledge of documentation control systems.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center