To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
1. Produce software that delivers requested functionality by following the Development Lifecycle.
2. Delivers quality software by possessing a working knowledge of modular programming techniques for construction, testing and implementation of assigned tasks
3. Prepares, or receives from study personnel or principal investigator, detailed workflow chart and diagram to illustrate sequence of steps that program must follow and to describe input, output, and logical operations involved
4. Analyzes workflow chart and diagram
5. Evaluates and recommends software and hardware to meet specific business needs or requirements
6. Collaborates with study personnel or principal investigator to obtain and analyze project specifications and flow charts
7. Actively participate in the development of functional and technical design documents.
8. Confers with representatives of departments concerned with projects to resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls
9. Proposes a viable design approach by analyzing the possible courses of action and associated impacts
10. Converts detailed logical flow chart to language processable by computer.
11. Corrects program errors, using methods such as modifying program or altering sequence of program steps
12. Analyzes, reviews, and rewrites programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt program to new requirements
13. Compiles and writes documentation of program development and subsequent revisions
14. Develops documents and presents project implementation plans. Appropriately and effectively communicates project status to all necessary parties. Actively utilizes project and time management skills to complete projects within specified timeframes
15. Maintain currency in the field through continuing education, literature and seminars. Implement this knowledge into the department.
. Develop knowledge and professional skills through cross-training, literature and attendance at department meetings.
. Participate in improving organizational performance through recommending areas or approaches for improvement activities, performing new procedures, collecting data and providing input to department discussions.
. Participate in establishing job requirements and goals; perform duties at the desired level of competency.
. Writes highly customizable database SQL queries and retrieves data from various databases using low level solutions (direct database connection)
. Prepares statistical summaries and reports from departmental systems.
. Works on synchronizing data between multiple databases and systems including data migration operations.
. Provide first-level problem resolution assistance, a technical resource and support for Division members (support request, troubleshooting, etc.).
. Communicates with collaborators from other institutions and provides them with technical support.
. Participates in piloting new applications within both the division and the entire institution.
Focuses on open source software and participates in open source projects development and quality improvement processes.
. Understands, adheres to and models Core Standards as defined organizationally and specifically within the department/unit.
. Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center