To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Electrical Engineer, Software
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Within a system design process, work with product teams, manufacturing, service, and the electrical team to define software requirements.
2. Design and document software algorithms and requirements for engine/vehicle control modules and diagnostic tools.
3. Communicate effectively in order to gather and design requirements/functionality of tools and systems to meet internal and external customer needs and the project goals.
4. Continue development of the Hardware in the Loop system used to automate software validation, including the creation of scripts, harnesses, and load boxes.
5. Develop and execute on-bench and on-vehicle validation plans, including the validation of electronic control modules and diagnostic tools.
6. Participate in peer groups to gain and share valuable knowledge regarding software development and validation, diagnostic development and validation, etc.
7. Assist in project management aspects of diagnostic tool implementation including networking with product teams to communicate budgetary estimates and obtain financial resources, and the documentation of purchase requisitions and status tracking.
8. Support manufacturing programming and test systems.
Skills and Knowledge:
1. 4 year degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
2. Education and/or experience in applying embedded controllers
3. Highly developed computer skills using EE design/analysis and Microsoft office software
4. CAN Communication Experience
5. Ability to multitask and prioritize
6. Hands on experience trouble shooting/validating
7. Programming Experience
8. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
9. Experience with Mechanical systems and engines. Doesn’t have to be included in formal education.
10. Simulation. Experience with tools like MATLAB
11. Demonstrated team skills. Outgoing personality and good networking skills
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center