To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Software Prog Specialist
* Gather business requirements from clients for monitoring new and existing applications
* Assist with the rollout of large-scale Netcool Enterprise Systems Management architectures.
* Provide custom configuration and automation by applying proficient automation scripting skills (PERL, shell, C/C++. Java) on Windows, Linux, and Unix platforms.
* Manage and maintain Netcool infrastructure (patches, user and monitor administration)
* Problem diagnosis using the enterprise systems and network management products; resolving or circumventing problems; escalating problems as defined by management policies; and customizing the products to improve the efficacy of the products in the monitoring, problem diagnosis and problem resolution procedures. Ability to diagnose and resolve production problems related to network, database (MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase, UDB), OS, and application
* Provide technical support to the user community on their daily usage of Netcool Enterprise Management. Monitor and analyze system performance statistics, analyze error logs, perform system configurations and modeling.
* BS in technical field or equivalent experience
* Solid knowledge of operating system internals, file system structures, and machine architectures on UNIX and Windows operating systems
* Strong desire to learn and work with multiple applications, tools and technologies with minimal guidance and assistance
* Strong communication and documentation skills
* Knowledge of Perl and Shell programming for the purpose of implementing custom configuration and automation scripts
* Familiarity with common network topologies and communication
* Knowledge of relational databases
* Proven problem solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
* Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously
* Experience with web development technologies such as HTML, XML, SOAP
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center