Hello-2.0.epub - Navigation File: navigation.xml
How to create a navigation file like navigation.xml for an EPUB 2.0.1 book?
At least one navigation file, like navigation.xml, is required for an EPUB 2.0.1 book in the book ZIP container. It provides navigation information like a table of contents of the book.
Here is the requirement on a navigation file:
1. A navigation file should be named with .xml file extension.
2. A navigation file must be an XML file and meet the "Navigation Center eXtended (NCX)" specifications.
3. A navigation file must specify a "dtd:uid" meta element in the "head" element. Its content attribute must have the value of the unique-identifier specified in the package file, for example: content="fyicenter.com.epub.hello".
4. A navigation file must provide a title with the "docTitle" element.
5. A navigation file must provide the "navMap" element with a list of "navPoint" sub-elements.
You can create a navigation file with any text editor. Here is an example called navigation.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <!-- navigation.xml Copyright (c) 2018 FYIcenter.com --> <ncx xmlns="http://www.daisy.org/z3986/2005/ncx/" version="2005-1"> <head> <meta content="fyicenter.com.epub.hello" name="dtb:uid"/> </head> <docTitle> <text>Hello</text> </docTitle> <navMap> <navPoint id="link1"> <navLabel> <text>Hello</text> </navLabel> <content src="/content.xhtml"/> </navPoint> </navMap> </ncx>
Download Hello-2.0.epub, and unzip it. You see an example of "navigation.xml" in the root directory.
2021-04-15, 1758🔥, 0💬
Can Multiple Paragraphs Be Included in a List Item? Yes. You can include multiple paragraphs in a si...
Where to find tutorials on OpenID? Here is a large collection of tutorials to answer many frequently...
How to read Atom validation errors at w3.org? If your Atom feed has errors, the Atom validator at w3...
How To Submit Values without Using a Form in PHP? If you know the values you want to submit, you can...
How To Create an Array with a Sequence of Integers or Characters in PHP? The quickest way to create ...